Tuesday, March 28, 2006

First Post

For my first post here at Conversations I would just like to briefly state the purpose of this site. I love discussing theology. Specifically, I love discussing the system of theology known as Calvinism. Notice I said "discuss". I do not like heated debate and flame contests. I'll give you an example of what I mean. About a year or so ago, I had a brief conversation with a lady who had made some rather pointed comments on a particuliar message board about my system of belief and I responded. It only took a couple of exchanges for her to resort to questioning my status as a christian and abruptly ended the exchange. Thus, I suppose the moral of this story is if you are the kind of person who does this kind of hit-and-run posting, or are just plain itching for a fight, please go elsewhere. If you fail to heed this warning, I will not hesitate to either answer you on your own grounds or ban you altogether. Otherwise, I welcome any and all comments you may have concerning Calvinism and any other topic I happen to post here. Thanks and welcome!

2 comments:

StevenG said...

Just curious---- Is calvinism still part of the Presbyterian church's doctrine? Is the Presbyterian Church-USA anti-Calvinist?
Thanks.

J. Matthew Cleary said...

Presbys are typically calvinists. However, if I'm not mistaken, the particuliar branch of presbys that you've mentioned have taken a more liberal stance on theology in general.